Happy Holidays from Oya No Kai! As the year wraps up I’d like to thank our many volunteers!
- Thank you to the Oya No Kai Board of Directors! This volunteer parent team directs all our community building and fundraising activities. A big responsibility with wonderful outcome for us all.
- Thank you to the Chinook Book Sale Team lead this year by Tricia Waineo. It was another banner year raising $12K for exchanges, interns and classroom support.
- Thank you to our Auction Committee lead by Keri Moran-Kuhn. The Oya No Kai auction will be held March 3rd at Left Bank Annex and will be a great celebration of community and hard-working students.
- Thank you to the Trip Committees and Coordinators who are meeting often to sort out final details for our student exchanges for 5th grade, 8th grade, and High School. Oya No Kai was able to support our student exchanges with $26,000 in need-based student scholarships this year.
- Thank you to our amazing INTERNS! These promising teachers bring so much spirit to their jobs and are well loved by their classrooms and host families alike.
Finally, another thanks to the staff and administration at all three of our JMP schools, Richmond/Mt Tabor/Grant, who are such terrific supporters of immersion education within PPS.